This is a general list of stuff I always pack for car camping.
- Head torch and spare batteries
- Drinking water
- Fold up chairs
- Plates and bowls, cups, knives and forks etc.
- Cooking utensils – Normally a BBQ mate does the trick for cooking.
- Cast Iron fry pan – they are heavy but it makes everything so damn tasty
- Earplugs – these are a must for public campgrounds (in case of noisy neighbours, birds that unreasonably screech at the crack of dawn etc)
- Sleep mask (my girlfriend swears by these and they are light and take up little room)
- Paper towels
- Air mattress + air compressor. Those little ones that plug into the cigarette lighter are awesome. Don’t waste time with a manual pump.
- Sleeping Bags/Doona – I take the doona straight off our bed – why skimp on comfort.
- Insect repellent
- Wine, beer, whiskey
- Surfboard, fishing rods.
- A positive attitude 🙂